Monday 3 August 2009

Green Shoots?

It was an interesting week last week, the Oil price went from almost $60 to $70 back to$65 and is now as I write this over $71! Lots of people have written different theories on why this is, but I don't claim to have any answers.

Few things worth noting:

Cuba and Russia appear to be cementing their relationship, a good thing for Russia, but perhaps not quite so nice for the Cubans in the long run. Having only Russian equipment may limit their scope to look at other big national organisations in the future.

Arguments over drilling off certain parts of the US are still going strong. (Too many links to pick just one, it's everywhere.) Again there could be a substantial amount of drilling work there, but it'll be a while yet before anything happens outside of the GOM.

The Rumour mill is grinding out that JDC will be involved in several large scale projects over the coming years, particularly in their tie up with Petrobras. (this is slightly old news, but worth keeping a close eye on)

As usual, below are my available jobs. If you're interested in applying for any of the positions, please email me at mb.oilblog@googlemail.com with a copy of your CV. If you fit the bill, I'll get back to you, but we get a lot of applicants, so please don't be offended if I don't get back in touch straight away.

Jobs today are:

  • Driller, Toolpusher, Maintenance Supervisor, Mechanic, Electrician - Workover - Offshore India.
  • Process Engineers - Residential - London/South East UK.
  • Cyberbase Driller - Jack ups - Worldwide.

Please feel free to apply. I am in particular keen on Indian nationals for my workover roles, so please do pass my details on.

No comments:

Post a Comment