Wednesday 14 October 2009

Lies! (maybe)

Very interesting article here about a company called Ophir energy who have chartered a rig as their consultant told them

"that the deepwater drilling rigs and ships worldwide are “currently 100 per cent utilised and the rates of utilisation are expected to remain at or near 100 per cent and as a consequence oil companies will compete for access to drilling equipment.”"

Now I may be oversimplifying things a bit here, but last I checked utilization was nowhere near 100% for Deepwater drilling. It sounds to me like this company, who will remain nameless on this blog, are cultivating demand to ge their comission a bit earlier. More fool the client I suppose, but it doesn't sound very ethical to me.

Personally, I have found things are starting to look a bit more encouraging as we amble into the last quarter of the year, but the stockmarket seems to disagree. I like this quote about 2 stacked rigs "It's interesting that both went from contract work to stacked, with no idle time in between." Ties in with my earlier theories about jackup rigs being stacked even when contracts are available. If only I had a few Million...

Jobs wise, I am very keen to find Indian nationals with senior experience on semis or drillships. email me if you're interested.

Also am looking for Barge Supers for SE Asia, must have accomodation Barge experience, and look at about $300 per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment