Friday 23 October 2009

Late report

Well the oil price is certainly looking a bit healthier than it has done for a while. I'm quite happy if it continues the trend. More work will come out of it hopefully!

Few interesting developments this past week. (apologies for the late posting)

China have started eyeing up America for Oil exploration. I don't know if America is quite ready for that, but the article from the NY times is here, and this article has a very good analysis of the situation (in my opinion anyway).

Another story about Transocean. This one looks like it could be a problem for them, as I don't think many companies will do well up against a Saudi Prince working through the Saudi legal system.

No link to it, but I see that the oil spill in Australia still hasn't been fixed. This is really the worst possible time for this to happen, as the American anti-drilling lobby are using it as another example not to drill offshore NC or VA. I'm hopeful that they will lift the moratorium, but we'll have to wait and see.

Jobs wise, I'm looking for business development managers for Asia Pac and Algeria. Must be from a drilling background.

I also need lots of Master Mariners and Mates for DP AHTS and PSV vessels in Angola.

And finally, I could use a few Toolpushers for Brazil, Cyberbase and floaters please.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment