Wednesday 23 September 2009

US Drilling

I can't remember if and when I have mentioned this before, but it does seem that pressure is building on Barrack Obama to make some kind of decision on Offshore Drilling, it seems that various states are all pressuring him to do so, whilst Green and Conservation campaigners are saying no. Either way he's in a bit of trouble, as they need the money, but not the bad publicity. I wonder how he'll get out of it?

Article which is more pro-offshore is here from Reuters, and for the other side here.

The Kan Tan IV Semi is off to Australia after a few Crane problems. It's a good long contract, about 2 years minimum. I have a soft spot for this rig as I placed my first offshore guy on it.

Finally, I found this this list of every rig on order. It's a useful document... If anyone can tell me what the story is with Desarollo, I would be very greatful.

Jobs wise (email me if you are interested) I'm looking for:

American DPOs for GOM, Must have Master's Certificates
South East Asian candidates for Jack up - I need a Materialsman and a Mechanic. Rates are around $130 - $150US per day. + bonus.
Subsea Engineers for Brazil - must have operational rig based experience.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment